Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fault Lines

Last night I dreamed that the 'Big One' hit. I was in the North Bay and trying to get back to my house in San Francisco but the Golden Gate Bridge had been destroyed. So I'm just across the water in Marin and this huge brother in a boat comes along and he's like 'Sup girl, I saw you from miles back and I've been trying to get at you for miles' and all I could say was 'You might not want to tell people you saw them from behind, miles away'.

Anyway he proceeds to try and woo me by saying that he wants to see my fault lines. Um....this is THE worst pick-up in the history of reality or fantasy. I ran away from him and got on another boat with this lady and her kid. They had so much money that the kid had 5 different stages for putting on puppet shows. They were all themed: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe; A Midsummer Nights Dream; Punch & Judy; Dracula; Star Trek.

We continued on our way and then when I got home it was like nothing had happened. My house was fine and everyone kept asking me why I was so upset. It turns out that in the process of saving the boat lady's little girl, I had somehow misplaced the girls bedframe (?). I had to go door to door to all of these businesses and ask them if they'd seen a Twin bed frame. After much heartache it turned out that her bed pulled out of a daybed so the frame was there the whole time.