Thursday, June 11, 2009

Octagon of Sin

So I have a pretty large threshold for sin. I'm pretty liberal when it comes to things that I will allow myself and society to do before I pass major judgment.
Because I have such a large tolerance for sin and basic wrong-doing. I have decided to call it my "Octagon of Sin". Because I don't really consider it a line that is being crossed. I think there are various gray areas that exist.
I haven't really decided which sin each side relates to, but the concept seems to work for me.
For example, punching babies. If the child is irritating or being generally aggravating- I feel a punch to the face may, in fact, be in order. This is not outside of the "Octagon of Sin". However, I would consider chaining your child to the water heater outside of the "Octagon of Sin".

Everybody has a line- my line is the perimeter of an octagon.